This is me! Here I will share what goes on in my crazy life. Not only how my days go, but how I live through each and every day of my life.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Be encouraged!

Ok, I know I've already written on here once today... but I just finished reading something by Max Lucado that really helped me. As I said in my earlier post, I've been feeling really discouraged today (I'll spare you the details). I tried everything to cheer myself up- played the piano, went on a walk, played with Winston in the backyard lol, nothing worked. So, I came to the conclusion that the only thing that could really help me right now is God, and I really needed to spend some time with Him (which I haven't been doing enough of lately- it's a struggle for me sometimes). So, I went in my room, prayed, and pulled out some good old Max Lucado. What I read helped me so much, and I thought it would be cool to put it on here. Here it is:

Remember, a finisher is not one with no wounds or weariness. Quite to the contrary, he, like the boxer, is scarred and bloody. Mother Theresa is credited with saying, "God didn't call us to be successful, just faithful." Listen to this chorus of verses designed to give us staying power:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather healed.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home