This is me! Here I will share what goes on in my crazy life. Not only how my days go, but how I live through each and every day of my life.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Love

So I'm sitting here alone in my house, feeling a little bit frustrated about some stuff. Since I have a day off, I was planning on working on my Supplemental Application for Laurier University- I never realized how difficult it is to write an essay about your personal qualities and skills. Considering that I wasn't getting anywhere with my essay, I decided to take a break and get the mail... and of course I got a letter from Nipissing University. In the letter it said that it is no longer a requirement to complete the supplemental application. I was kind of confused, so I made a phone call and talked to someone from the Brantford Campus. He was NO help at all, and I think he just confused me even more. So, I gave up trying to figure that out, and decided to get my Peppernut Tree schedule from my manager. Did she have my schedule? No she didn't, and to top it all off, she told me that she was cutting back my hours for a couple of months. Anyway, that's how my day has been going so far lol. But, this is not what I wanted to talk about in this post, so moving on...
Lately I've been thinking about love and how important it is. My brother and I had a long discussion about unconditional love on our trip to Niagara Falls a couple of days ago. We don't usually do this, but it was just the 2 of us and we were driving for a good 3 hours so, what else is there to do? lol It was interesting to listen to what he had to say, especially since we have completely different beliefs. Zac and I usually agree on everything- it's always been that way. It's always really great being able to talk to someone who has the same thoughts towards certain things. We then got into a discussion about the bible and church, and why he decided to leave the church. I never knew the whole story, but once he opened up and told me everything, I was so sad. The stuff he told me just broke my heart. But at the same time, I could understand why he would want to leave the church, and why he had questions about Christianity. What we realized is that we have both been through similar situations, and we've questioned the same things. What I really appreciate though is that he still accepts me for who I am, and has no problem with me being a Christian. Even though we have different beliefs, we can still be there for each other. He still has a good heart, and I love him for who he is. So, my point is, it's important to love people even if they don't believe in the same things as you. The only thing you can really do for those people, is pray for them.
There was also something that happened in Sobey's that reminded me of how important it is to love one another. There was a couple that came into Sobey's over the weekend, and you could kind of tell that they struggled financially. When they came down my lane, I felt a little bit uncomfortable. To be honest, the man kind of scared me because he was wearing a black mask over his face, and you could only see his mouth. His eyes and everything else was covered. Then, once I got a good look at their order I realized that what they were buying was kind of strange- they bought 10 bricks of cheese and one pig snout! The whole time I was thinking, what on earth are they going to do with all that cheese and one random pig snout? lol Anyway, after they had paid for everything, I noticed that the lady was counting the money that she had left over. She told me that every penny is extremely important to her and that she has to spend her money wisely. She only had fifteen dollars left, and to my amazement, she gave me her last bit of money and asked if she could purchase a $15 food bank bag!! She told me that other families need it more than she does. I was in complete shock! I thought that was so awesome for her to do that. Even though she really needed that money, she was willing to give it all up to help someone else. How awesome is that?!? That is what I mean by loving one another. It's so important to be there for people, and to love each other no matter what kind of life they have lived. I felt horrible afterwards for judging them before I even talked to them. It was a great reminder for me though. So I thought I would end this post with a quote that I think is really appropriate for this topic.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them" - Mother Theresa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home